I haven't a clue how this blog will develop but heres some nice pretty pictures. Looky looky.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

"Grace makes Beauty out of Ugly Things"


There's been a lot of talk recently about grace. Becci B commented on inthesource.blogspot.com how much Christians like to talk about grace on their blogs. Long may it continue!

The last couple of weeks have been difficult in various ways. At the risk of sounding dramatic I'd say they have been the most spiritually challenging three weeks I can remember. For a moment, I thought I might loose a lot of things I hold dear. When you consider the possibilty that you might loose everything you realise with greater clarity that if you did, what actually would remain? when all else goes, all you have left is grace. I've been imagining what life might be like if, really, all I had left was grace. Would it be enough?

Is grace enough? Today I can say with all my heart, yes. It's enough. It's more than enough, It's all that we have. Not just that, it gives us everything else we hold dear. The only reason I can cry over loosing so much is because it is given to me by grace in the first place. It's grace that gives all and grace that allows all to remain. I don't thaink I've ever appreciated grace as much as I have these last couple of days.

Please, Christian bloggers, don't ever get tired of talking about grace.

In the words of one dear Irishman, "When she goes to work you can hear her strings, grace finds beauty in everything"

3 Comments:

Blogger becci brown said...

mate...you're really going through it. I'm sorry that when we talked earlier I wasn't receptive enough to quite the depths of it all. Although I guess a lot of what the issues are were un-discussable...praying for you mate.

phew, thats such a good question-is grace enough? if i were to lose everything, is my grasp of grace enough to sustain me? Probably not. In the light of the issues im facing ive come to realise i dont have a firm enough grasp. Grace ITSELF is enough, but my reliance on it is not.

God, bathe me again.

2:40 PM

 
Blogger KiwiChronicles said...

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."

little else to say, except you are a great trophy of the grace that Christ has poured into your life.

Grace is more than plenty when there is a surplus and a lack.

11:46 AM

 
Blogger KiwiChronicles said...

Ali - blog more!

also check out www.keesbruin.com - he's a Christian, Kiwi & artist. I like his work - quite thought provoking and I found one or two profoundly moving.

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home